Whether you're a business owner or an employee tasked with the job of introducing a new product to the market and with a small budget to make it happen, your're probably asking yourself how can you put together something that's informative but that would not require a lot of time, effort or money? With that in mind let's take a look at the webinar format as a marketing platform.
If you don't know the first thing about putting together a webinar or even hosting one, don't' despair. Here are some things you will need in order to set up a great webinar.
1. Your product or topic must be organized - plan on the topic you want to discuss and organize your thoughts and ideas about the topic. Make a flow or an outline of how you want to discuss your topic from beginning up to the end. This lets you know which ones are worth discussing at length and which ones to exclude completely. This also helps you organize your thoughts so that the discussion will not be in disarray and will flow smoothly.
2. Write down your ideas - a webinar, just like any seminar or conference can entail a lot of time and effort on your part. Make sure to write down ideas, discussions and important information regarding the webinar. Plotting your ideas on paper also helps you see the big picture from the beginning to end of the webinar. It lets you edit and tweak your discussion to make it perfect for the audience.
3. Think of elements that can make your webinar more engaging - nobody wants a boring discussion and a webinar sometimes gives you only a limited view of your audience. You won't know if they are still listening to you or not. So you have to make sure that your webinar is engaging and lively. Add a few elements like a slide presentation, an actual demonstration or a few entertaining games to involve your audience and make the discussion livelier. But make sure that everything you do is still related to the topic at hand.
4. Enlist the help of a professional webinar service provider - WebinarJam Studio is an example of a webinar service provider that can help you set up your webinar. Some smaller webinars can be set up easily but it is recommended that you ask for the help of a professional webinar service provider for bigger webinars. They tend to have better equipment and are more experienced in the technical set up for reaching bigger audiences and ensuring your webinar's success. They have expert technicians, engineers, servers and connections that can make your webinar reach your target audience all over the world.
Webinar service providers can help set up your equipment, connect your presentation to the webinar so it can be viewed without any problem, record your webinar for later review and provide overall technical assistance to you during your webinar. Your IT personnel can also help you set it up if you are not sure who to ask help from. They can direct you to the right person.
5. Practice - practice your discussion, the flow of the presentation and anticipate the questions that the audience might have. The audience responds well to a person who shows confidence and competency in presenting his topic for discussion. Enunciate your words to make them easily understood. Practice in front of a video camera so that you will know how you look during the webinar. It might seem odd to your at first but the more comfortable you look in front of the camera, the better you will sound and come off to the audience.
6. Do a test run - prior to the date of the webinar, make a test run for the whole discussion from start to finish. It will give you an idea of how long your discussion will take and if there are things you need to adjust or change for the actual webinar. A test run can even serve as a back-up copy of your webinar in case some things go wrong.
Hopefully by now you know what to do to make your webinar successful. Remember the tips provided here and good luck on your webinar.